Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Sewing Machine is Back

My sewing machine is back. All it needed was a minor tune up. So far it seems to be running OK but I didn't have much time over the weekend to sew. We had friends over on Sunday for a Christmas dinner so I was busy getting shopping done and food cooked. It was a nice visit with friends and we had our traditional turkey dinner with all the trimmings. So now time to enjoy the left overs.

Linda at the shop where my machine was serviced did mention that there are some machines that seem to have issues with the thicker thread and if I encounter the problem again to try using a regular weight thread in the bobbin with the thicker thread on top. So there still is hope for the YLI machine quilting thread since it does give a nice finish to the quilting.

I've just got one more full day of work today and a half day tomorrow and then I'm off for the holidays and I'm looking forward to getting back to my projects from the Gloria Loughman workshops.

No comments: