Monday, December 8, 2008

Cat Quilt for a Friend - part 2

This weekend I finally got back to the cat quilt that I started back in September (see http://felinesandfibrearts.blogspot.com/2008/09/cat-quilt-for-friend.html ). Back then I just finished the top, had the fabric cut out for the back and it was left at that stage. I got the back sewn, the quilt sandwich put together and all the stitching in the ditch done. I found a nice cat silhouette to quilt in the squares and will have the cat facing right in the top row, then the second row will be the reverse with the cat facing left, third row back to cat facing right, etc.

In the border I plan to outline quilt the cats that are on the black background. So my aim is to get this quilt finished by the end of this week. Wish me luck.



2 comments:

Donna said...

great silouhette!

Angela said...

Good luck, I hope you manage to find plenty of time in which to achieve your goal, the silhouette pattern is great!