I got the Curious Kitties Cat quilt finished over the weekend despite my temperamental sewing machine. On Friday when I was quilting the cat silhouettes in the blocks, the tension problem became weirder. The tension started to flip flop between being a problem on the back of the quilt to the front of the quilt all within the same cat silhouette. I tried various adjustments of the tension, re-wound bobbins at different speeds, and nothing made a difference. So I persevered and got the quilt done since it had to be finished by the weekend so that I could get it in the mail for it to arrive in time for Christmas. Definitely frustrating but my friend isn't a quilter or a sewer so fortunately she won't understand these technical issues.
I got the machine quilting finished Friday evening so I took my machine to the shop on Saturday for a tuneup &/or repair. I should hear back by Tuesday whether it is a simple tuneup or something more major. I got the hand work done over the rest of the weekend and the quilt has been wrapped up and will be mailed off today after work. Below are some pictures of the finished quilt.
Here is the full quilt.
Cat silhouette facing right.