Thursday, February 26, 2009
Saturday, February 21, 2009
The a thought came to mind. My two cats Fergie and Jordie have been right there helping with this quilt, just like they do with all of my quilts, so I went to see if I had any interesting cat prints that I could use. I found the prefect fabric, did some fussy cutting to get some good arrangements of cats and then used the green batik fabric that I'm going to use for the border for this quilt for the star points. The name for the quilt is going to be "Cats In My Garden". Hopefully the person who will get this quilt likes cats.
Friday, February 20, 2009
Monday, February 16, 2009
Saturday, February 14, 2009
Friday, February 13, 2009
Here is my first wonky star block and it came together nicely and was fun to do. So I'm planing on making many more flower themed ones (digging into that stash of mine) over the next couple of weeks and then get them mailed off.
A good tutorial on making the wonky star can be found here: http://thesillyboodilly.blogspot.com/2009/02/wonky-star-tutorial.html
Wednesday, February 11, 2009
I found a batik dragon panel at eQuilter.com which is actually very similar to what Linda used.
Here are my 4 batiks that I'm going to use to the convergence portion of the quilt. The turquiose along the bottom will be the narrow border.
I'm hoping to have this finished for the end of March to be able to give this as a birthday present to my friend. If that doesn't work, then it will become a Christmas present. So now I best go and read Ricky Tim's book, make sure I understand the method, measure twice, maybe even three times and cut once, because I don't have a whole lot of extra fabric.
Tuesday, February 10, 2009
Purple Paisley Patch International Womens Day Fat Quarter Swap
The swap is on! Most of you preferred the idea of swapping fat quarters, so we'll stick with that.Okay, so here's how this will (hopefully) work:
1. People can join the swap until 20 Feb.
2. We'll each purchase, or dig out of our stash - 4 FQs - these will be purple, green &/or white, or a combination of these colours - these colours have been chosen in honour of the suffragettes.
3. I'll draw swap partners on 21 Feb and let you know who is with who.
4. We'll all mail our parcels by 23/24 Feb - this should ensure that our swap partner receives their parcel on or before 8 March.
5. If we receive our parcel before 8 March, we'll put it aside and wait patiently until 8 March to open it. [I'll struggle with this one].
6. On 8 March, we'll open our parcels and put a post up on our blogs with a photo of our lovely purple, green & white fabrics.
Kelly is still working on creating a button for this swap, but in the meantime, if you are interested please go th her site and join up. It sounds like fun and I'm in on this one.
Now let me see where are all those lovely purple and green fabrics of mine........
Thursday, February 5, 2009
I enjoyed making the leaves and part of it was experimental. I have plans later on this year to make for myself a Bird of Paradise Harmonic Convergence wall hanging quilt. Part of this project will include some 3 dimensional applique flowers and leaves so I figured this project was a good start. These leaves turned out a bit stiff for what I'm going to need so I will have to rethink what I will use for the layers between the front and back fabrics.