Sunday, August 9, 2009

Stacked Coin Quilt - Part 8

We have success with my friend's computerized embroidery machine and my outline drawings of dinosaurs. Mind you it did take a few tries and a couple of calls to the tech help desk at Janome but we got it working. Here are a couple of samples from the test quilt sandwich.

And here are 3 dinosaurs on my actual quilt. The photos didn't turn out that well on my quilt because I took these this morning and the weather here is rather gloomy and preparing itself for thunderstorms.

I'm pleased with how they look so today is the push to see how many I can get sewn. The actually sewing time for the dinosaurs is minimal. what takes all the time is getting the section of the quilt placed inside the embroidery frame and positioned in the right place.

3 comments:

Quilt Pixie said...

They look wonderful! Well worth the "figuring it out" time its taken!! :-)

Elizabeth said...

Very cool. It's so neat to see how things turn out, especially when it's so different from what I the "reader" thought it would be. The depth to this quilt is wonderful.

The last time I "talked" my embroidery machine into quilting for me it took to people holding the weight of the quilt up so it wouldn't interfer with the machine, of course it was a king...

hetty said...

Those dinosaurs look terrific! I had no idea what you had in mind, but now that I see tham, I understand! Well worth the time it takes to set things up!