Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Creative Festival & Kaffe Fassett Workshop

The Creative Festival http://www.csnf.com/f09_index.html runs from October 16th - 18th here in Toronto this year and they were finally accepting registrations for workshops as of this Monday. I have only ever gone to see the exhibits before and have never taken any of the workshops so this year I checked out what they were offering and decided to bite the bullet and I'm booked for the Kaffe Fassett workshop. I do like some of Kaffe's fabrics and quilts, but not everything he creates. Still I thought it would be very interesting to here and see what someone at his level has to offer. This is the blurb on his workshop.

So I will let you know after Oct 17th how the workshop went.

So this is my 99th post which means that the next post is the big 100th giveaway post. I will have that post up tomorrow after work for everyone to see what I'm having for my giveaway. For those who are a bit curious here is a sneak peak at part of the giveaway.

8 comments:

Marj said...

Looks like a very fun book. I also think it would be interesting to take a class from a well known famous Quilter. It will be nice to hear what you think of the class in October.

Donna said...

I'm sure you'll have a great time in your workshop in October.... Even if it's not a perfect match, you'll leave with some learnings :-)

Funny, my letters for verification are: PRESS

hetty said...

Sounds like a good workshop. It's always good to learn something new. Looking forward to hearing what you think about the class.

heather said...

That sounds like a great workshop.

Sand and Sunshine said...

Have fun and hopfully you'll love the project this time.

Brenda said...

I love the Creativ festival but sadly its not in the budget for this year. lucky you for taking a Kaffe class. I had mixed results with classes the last time I went. but the trade show is definitely worth it.

quiltmom anna said...

Vicki,
The workshop sounds fabulous and I love the colors of Kaffe Fassett. I have seen this pattern in his books- It is stunning. I hope you have a terrific experience and come home inspired and your creative spirit fed.
As for the Valori Wells book- I love her stuff- I don`t have this particular book. She and her mother have some beautiful books that I love just to view the photographs. She is a very talented young woman.

I do love your header- your pair of cats always make me smile.
Have a great day- I will return soon.
Warmest regards,
Anna

Librarynan said...

My friend Kerstin (from California) took this workshop from Kaffe a while back... she loved it! Part of the Diamonds pattern is the header photo on her blog - KES Quilts.blogspot - I think you'll really enjoy your time in the workshop. Let us all know how it turns out.