I have finished the quilting of the body of the quilt and the borders. In the stacked area I did a wavy free form line pattern on the diagonal that you can see if you click on the picture to see the enlarged version. I did draw some guide lines to keep my sewing in line on the diagonal other wise who knows where it would have gone. I did learn something here and that is start the marking from the middle and work to the corner and not from the corner and into the middle. I did the corner into the middle the first go around and was completely off centre before I even got to the middle of the quilt. I was using one of those purple disappearing marker pens (which I first tested on scraps of my fabric to ensure it would disappear) and had to wait 2 days for the marks to go away before I could remark the quilt from the middle outwards.
Here is a close up of the border with a bit of the stacked coin section. If you click on the picture you should be able to see the border quilting better.
So the next thing that I plan to do with this quilt is add the dinosaurs. I have a friend who has one of those computerized embroidery sewing machines and we are going to try an experiment to see if we can use her program to interpret my patterns into something that still looks like quilting and not embroidery but will be easier than trying to quilt them on a regular machine. Her program has various options for how it handles outlines so I'll put together a sample piece of quilt sandwich and we'll see what happens. The plan would be to quilt dinosaurs randomly up and down the wide stacked coin rows and on the medium rows I was going to quilt dinosaur foot print tracks.