Monday, July 5, 2010

EQ7 - Just Arrived

I just received the new EQ7 software today and have been busy installing it and getting things set up.  It's been quite some time since I have used EQ (Electric Quilt).  The old version I have is 5 and I haven't touched it in several years.  When I saw that they were releasing version 7, I read several of the reviews from people like SewCalGal: http://sewcalgal.blogspot.com/search/label/EQ7 . I realised that I needed to get the latest version.  There are some very interesting things that it can do and I'm now on the learning curve starting from the bottom.  It will be interesting to see how long it will take to progress from the basics to the more advanced features so I will keep you posted of my adventures with EQ7. 

The next few days will be a good time to explore since we are in the midst of a heat wave and even though we have window air conditioners in the apartment, the sewing room faces west and it's just way too hot and muggy to be quilting in there.  The heat wave is suppose to break by Thursday and hopefully I will be able to get back to my quilting then.

3 comments:

hetty said...

Sounds like fun - not the heat - the EQ7!

SewCalGal said...

Glad to know that your EQ7 arrived. Thanks for the kind words too. I do so hope you enjoy EQ7. If I can help at all, just let me know.

SewCalGal
www.sewcalgal.blogspot.com

Sand and Sunshine said...

Enjoy and stay cool.