Monday, April 19, 2010

Bird of Paradise Convergence Quilt - Part 2

As I was prepping the fabric for this wall hanging I still couldn't make up my mind which orange fabric to use so I decided that I'm going to make 2 versions of the Bird of Paradise Convergence. In the end I will keep one and the other one will be a gift for my friends in Kauai Hi., of which I'm going to be visiting later in May.

So I have finished the convergence portion for version 1 and it looks pretty good as long as you don't get really close to it. I forgot when I made the purple and turquoise dragon wall hanging last year that matching up all the seams was quite the challenge because of all the different consistencies of fabric that often get picked for something like this. I'm not sure if it would be easier if all the fabric was from the same line and things would go together easier.

So once I have the second convergence top completed I will start working on the applique pieces that will go over top of certain sections of the wall hangings. There will also be a dark teal border that will go around the wall hangings.

4 comments:

quiltmom anna said...

Love the colors Vicki- it is going to be stunning. In order to get it to line up, I pin all the second cut. It usually works pretty well for the bigger one. My current one has a bit of a bad haircut just now - so it may end up being a liberated convergence quilt LOL. I am not sure why I have had so many difficulties with this one but it sure has been wonky.
I will look forward to seeing yours with some applique.
Regards,
Anna

Angela said...

Love the colour combination :)

Sand and Sunshine said...

I just love that teal. The pattern on it that can be seen adds beautifully to the convergence. If it added anymore work to make it appear that way it was completely worth it!

LongIslandSue said...

Looks wonderful!