Thursday, June 25, 2009

Stacked Coin Quilt - Part 4

I kept looking at my new stack and there was one area that still kept nagging at me so I ended up changing it out. Fortunately it was easy to do since it was a matter of flipping the blue section around. Before the light blue was up against the purple-pink fabric and the motley blue with pinks, purples and greens was against the grey. To me there was just too much contrast between the blue section and the corresponding fabrics. So it was as simple as ripping out two seams, flipping the blue section and resewing. Now I really like the way it looks.


I placed my order for the espresso fabric but it is back ordered at Web Fabrics from the manufacturer so I'm patiently waiting for it to arrive. Hopefully it will get there soon.

In the mean time I have started to cut my fabric for the Cats & Dogs paper piecing blocks to get them ready for the exchange in September. I should be able to start sewing them this weekend. One of the gals in our quilt group was really nice and figured out the sizes that we needed to cut of fabric for each of the various pieces to create the blocks. so I figured I'd get all my pieces cut and then I can just sit down and sew then up.

No comments: