Thursday, June 18, 2009

Stacked Coin Quilt - Part 2

I've been re-working the order of the fabrics and I think I have the new layout. I'll be cutting the new fabric over the weekend but in the mean time I cut my strips from the first attempt and was trying out a couple of fabrics for the sashing. I had picked up a dark brown and a very pale cream in the same series for another project and decided to see how they would look. I'm not at all liking the brown one. I wish it was even darker, then it might work. (note I only had a metre of the brown so the strips went below the fabric so the picture is only a partial layout)

Here is the cream version. It's definitely better than the brown one but I don't know if there might be a better solution. I don't have anything else in my stash that would be suitable so I might take a few strips to the fabric shop and test out some other fabrics and see if anything else works.

4 comments:

Donna said...

what a difference of effect...

hetty said...

I like the brown- or maybe something darker. I think this calls for another trip to the LQS!

Julie in the Barn said...

I agree about the brown. Doesn't really do anything for the colors. Darker would be better maybe. Or maybe something sort of gold-ish? I do love the colors you've chosen for the coins. It's going to be striking.

Sand and Sunshine said...

It's interesting to see how different the stacks look not just with the brown vs. the cream, but also vs. your first photo. I'm wondering how about green? You have just a little green in the stacks it might look neat to pull it back to the long strips.