Monday, May 18, 2009

Woodland Symphony II - Part 5

It was great having a long weekend and I managed to get all the quilting done on the Woodland Symphony II quilt. I quilted a leaf motif in each of the blocks. For some of the blocks I tried to match up an appropriate image such as an oak leaf in the oak leaf block, or a pine tree in the green pine forest block. For some of the other blocks it wasn't as simple and I tried to find a leaf type image that suited the fabric.

My free motion quilting has improved greatly since last fall and this came together much easier and with very few stitching glitches. I'm very pleased with how it turned out. I tried to take pictures of the various squares to show the quilting but the lighting wasn't quilt right and I couldn't get enough contrast between the fabric and the quilting thread. So I only have two pictures where you can see some of the details.

So now I just have to sew on the binding and pull through all the lose threads the the quilt will be finished. So that will be work for this coming weekend and then I will be able to deliver this quilt to Anna next week. I'm sure she will like it.


4 comments:

hetty said...

The leaf motifs are a great idea. You have definitely developed your free motion skills. Anna will love it!

Unknown said...

How beautiful. I am beginning to think about more woodland pieces and maybe some fall stuff as well.

Donna said...

what an absolutely stunning job you've done of the quilting! Way to go! you're inspiring me to try something other than just stippling... maybe.... one day... :-)

Sand and Sunshine said...

Beautiful, it looks so good close up, and your quilting, well words just can't describe.

As for me, I'm going set it up to follow your blog right this minute because I have spent way to much time trying to relocate you again, and again.