Sunday, May 3, 2009

Woodland Symphony II - Part 3

I got the quilt top completed and I'm pleased with the results. I can tell that my piecing skills have definitely improved since last fall thanks to the Friday Block Party. The quilt top went together without a hitch.

I got the back put together from this batik that I had, so now I still have to make the quilt sandwich and then I can start the quilting.

I didn't get as much done today because it was a lovely spring day and I decided to take some time out and go out and enjoy the weather. Where I live there is a wonderful ravine and parkland area and the wooded area was filled with blooming trilliums. It's great to see the spring flowers after such a cold long winter.



The tulips trees in our neighbourhood are also in bloom and they make such a pretty show I had to take some pictures of them as well.


2 comments:

hetty said...

Oh, I like it! I love leaf prints. I know what you mean by improving your quilting skills because of the FBP! I am noticing the same thing! Lovely photos. I think I will go out and hunt down some trilliums today.

Sand and Sunshine said...

Your photos are beautiful. I've never seen photos this close up before. I considered a Tulip tree when we had to take out our Maple tree, but they get to big. :(