I got my maple leaves finished this evening. I ended up leaving them fairly basic with just the buttonhole stitch around the leaf and a small vine like stitch for the veins of the leafs. I was trying to see if some yarn embellishment would work but the leaves started to look mucky (for lack of a better word) so I figured sometimes simple is best. So I just have 2 oak leaves left to finished and I can send off package to the International Fiber Collaborative.
I enjoyed making the leaves and part of it was experimental. I have plans later on this year to make for myself a Bird of Paradise Harmonic Convergence wall hanging quilt. Part of this project will include some 3 dimensional applique flowers and leaves so I figured this project was a good start. These leaves turned out a bit stiff for what I'm going to need so I will have to rethink what I will use for the layers between the front and back fabrics.