I finished quilting the friendship character in all the blocks and last night was working on mapping out the pattern for the border. After I sized the Chrysanthemums for the width of the border I layed out the pattern and it was close. I had some space left on each of the sides, but not enough to add 1 more flower so I was trying to figure out what I could do in the space. At first I was toying with the idea of stretching the lines between the Chrysanthemums but when I drew out a few it started to look a bit strange. I then noticed that the corner transition used a loop and there was my answer. The loops provide continuity in the design and solve my problem with what to do with the extra space. So I'm now ready to work on my border.