Monday, November 10, 2008

Oriental Mosaic Part 4

Even though it was a busy weekend I did manage to get some work done on the Oriental Mosaic quilt. I'm pleased with the way the Chinese character for friendship translated into quilting and below are some images of the blocks. The quilting I'm doing is with red thread so it really stands out on the black and white blocks. The least effective is the block with the black Chinese characters on the red background. My thread matches the background pretty closely so the quilting blends in on that block.

I've got a busy week this week so I'm not sure if I will get all the blocks done, time will tell.





2 comments:

Angela said...

This looks great! Can't wait to see it finished, I hope you manage to find yourself some quilting time :)

Donna said...

I love how the quilting blends on some blocks, and less so on some others -- really like friendship that at times is so obvious, and other times is a quilter, more subtle relationship.