Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Oriental Mosaic Part 2

I have finished the stitch in the ditch portion on the Oriental Mosaic quilt and now I have to decide what I'm going to free motion quilt in the squares. I originally thought of doing an outline of the Ying Yang symbol but I figure that will be quite the challenge given that it's pretty much a prefect circle and doing it free motion could prove to be interesting.

The other challenge I found was finding a design that is suitable for the oriental themed quilt. I found two other designs that might work but will have to practice them to see if I can actually do them free motion. I do draw out the designs on tracing paper and then pin the paper to the quilt and stitch over top of the paper as my guide line. I've not figured out an easier way to copy the designs to the quilt to do the stitching.


If anyone has any other ideas for patterns that might be suitable for the oriental themed quilt please let me know.

1 comment:

Donna said...

I think I"d go with carp fish or some other "animal"... or what about a stylized chinese character or two?