Friday, October 10, 2008

Thanksgiving Weekend

I'm getting ready for our Thanksgiving Weekend here in Canada and fortunately I only have to work a half a day but get paid for the full day. I'm heading up north to Horseshoe Valley for the long weekend and am looking forward to seeing the lovely fall colours. The weather is actually going to be sunny and warm. I'm hoping that I will have some time to get out and take some pictures.

My leaf quilt is almost ready to go with me. I just have to finish the last bit of attaching the binding and then the hand sewing will be done up north. I'm just amazed that no matter how well you plan and organize these projects they always seem to expand and take more time and or effort. In part for me there was a bit of a re-learning curve with getting back into quilting after being away from it for a couple of years. Hopefully the next couple of quilts that I want to get done for Christmas will progress a bit more smoothly.

Have a great weekend everyone.

1 comment:

em's scrapbag said...

Hope your Thanksgiving is great. Good luck with the finish of your leaf quilt.