Then in the border I did trees going around the quilt. These two pictures were actually taken from the back of the quilt since it was hard to see the brown quilting on the brown border fabric.
I also have an update for you on the Connecting Threads thread that I used for the quilting. As I mentioned in my previous post it did sew nicely, no tension issues, no skipped stitches and the quilting does look great. The spool of thread looked a little bit linty but nothing significant so I didn't think it was going to be an issue.
Yesterday I was making the binding so I was changing thread, bobbins and going back to my walking foot. When I went to change the bobbin I noticed a lot of fuzzy stuff so I thought I better take the plate off and have a loot. I was not happy with what I saw, it looked like a bird had made a nest in there. So if you are planning on using the Connecting Threads cotton thread make sure that you clean your machine much more often than you normally would with the more expensive threads. This is a picture of what came out of my bobbin.
So all that is left to get done is attach the binding to the quilt and sew on the label. I'm right on schedule to get this quilt done for the birthday party on Sunday.