Then I had to make half rectangle triangles instead of half square triangles. Well I found out that you simply cannot cut 2 rectangles and put them right sides together sew down the middle, cut and expect to have 2 half rectangle triangles like you can with half square triangles. In the picture below the top block is what you get from doing it that way. As you can see the final shape isn't a rectangle. It comes out this weird dimension and I'm not sure why it does this, but it does. So it definitely needs to be paper pieced, and the example below it is the paper pieced method. So I have to make 7 more paper pieced half rectangle triangles.
Finally the egg fabric also wasn't printed quite on grain but at least it was only slightly off and since my egg borders are only 2 1/4" wide I don't think that if they are slightly off grain that it will affect the outcome of the quilt that much.
Given all the issues that I came across today I think I now know why it has taken me several weeks to get into the mood to do this quilt. I must have suspected that there were going to be issues with it and I didn't want to deal with then. Hey at least I got these ones figured out and I hope the blocking of the centre piece will fix it and I will have a square centre.