I got a call today that my sewing machine is ready to be picked up. All it needed was a good servicing. So tomorrow morning the shop opens at 10 and I should be there shortly thereafter. In the mean time I have been working on the quilting design for the orange quilt as well as trying to learn EQ7. I haven't tackled the quilt sandwich yet since it has been extremely hot this week. Today it finally turned cooler and it's suppose to stay this way for the weekend so you know what I will be busy with.
In the mean time I want to share with you my first EQ7 project. The Cherish Nature quilt that I also have to get made in the near future for another 75th birthday is being modified from the original pattern. I'm taking out the final border but also I want to increase the size of one of the inner borders so that the egg fabric will show a complete row of eggs.
As it currently is set up, that inner border lops off some of the eggs and I want whole eggs so that I can do them in trapunto. But this modification changes the measurements of the inner section which then will throw off the rest of the block measurements. So I'm thinking that I will reduce the size of the inner half square triangles since there are fewer of them and with the inner egg border still end up with the same final size. Then the rest of the blocks will just follow through.
So here is the initial quilt layout minus the final border in EQ7. It has taken me several evenings to get it to this stage. So it will be interesting to see how long the modifications will take. The most inner square is actually part of the Cherish Nature panel, and it is suppose to be the bird's nest. I just haven't had the time to photographic that fabric and prep it for EQ7 so I went with one of the other fabrics.