Here is what one of the coneflowers looks like from the back on a beige fabric.
Next is the day lily and I really like how it turned out. There is also a picture from the back showing it on the beige fabric.
My last idea was to either have the gladiolus along the sides of the centre portion of the quilt or perhaps just have these flowers run along the border section. This picture is just from the back since the one I took from the front didn't turn out all that great.
Well it looks like my machine has to go in for a service. It started to act up and every so often it decides it wants to sew all on its own. I have cleaned it, checked various things and it is still acting up so best to take it in before it really has a meltdown.