Saturday, October 6, 2012

Alpaca Wall Hanging - Part 3

I completed the Alpaca Wall Hanging last weekend but unfortunately my internet connection was down.  Eventually Bell was able to determine that it was a faulty cable and they shipped out a new cable mid this week. I have to say it was very strange not having access to the internet and e-mail. I don't have one of those smart phones so I wasn't able to get access through more modern means.

So here is a picture of the finished wall hanging,


The final quilt is actually different from my initial plans which were to do thread painting.  As you recall I had various issues so this is the simplified version. I decided to leave the alpacas alone and only do a simple outline quilting and not even touch any part of them.  On the previous one where all the thread painting was a mess I tried doing some outline work of their facial features and the alpacas started to look like cartoon characters so that told me to leave well enough alone and keep this very simple. I'm very pleased with the border treatments and the Celtic knot work and the couching using alpaca yarn.

I won't be starting my next quilting project until November because we are in the process of packing and will be moving at the end of the month. We are not going far, just one floor up in our apartment building so now we will be in a penthouse unit with nobody over top of us making all kinds of noise waking with heavy shoes on hardwood floors. Have a great weekend.

3 comments:

Sand and Sunshine said...

This Celtic knot weave was the exact perfect form for your Alpaca yarn couching, I love the tone changes as it moves through the knot. Like my Ocean Turtles sometimes getting the job done well is better than sticking to our original plans and this quilt is all the better for what you went through to create it. :-)

hetty said...

Fantastic! Love the Celtic knot work. Isn't it annoying to be without internet service?

Needled Mom said...

Very nice. I like the Celtic design with it too.

Have fun with your move. It will be worth it once it is completed.