Saturday, January 1, 2011

2011 New Years Goals

I've done my review of projects that I would like to get done this year, and here is the list. As always it will be interesting to see what gets completed, what doesn't and what new projects come along.

I also listed my UFOs that have no commitments at this time for completion and this list is growing - no surprise here. I think as quilters it seems that everyone has the never ending supply of UFOs.

Feb: Tammy's Secret Garden – this is a 50th birthday present for a dear friend of mine that I have known for many years
Feb: Signed up for the "In Full Bloom" workshop with Elaine Quehl which is a flower wall hanging and I will be doing a poppy
Feb: Also signed up for a second workshop called "Surface Design Techniques" with Elaine Quehl
Mar: Finish Falling Splendor quilt
Spring: Create a Kaleidoscope quilt based on Ricky Tims techniques from his quilt seminar that I attended last fall
Spring - Summer: Create a landscape quilt based on the Picture Piecing techniques of Cynthia England
Jul: Another birthday quilt present for a friend
Aug: Create a small quilt for the silent auction for the York Heritage Quilt Guild 2011 Show in Nov
Sep - Oct: Create a quilt to enter into the York Heritage Quilt Guild 2011 Show in Nov
Christmas charity quilt: Using blocks from the Friday Block Party 2009

Any time:
One block wonder quilt ( I already have the fabric and am curious as to how this will turn out)
Start my own unique design of a Rhapsody quilt based on Ricky Tims techniques – the plan here is to have a completed design ready to start a quilt the following year, this in my books is a major project

UFOs that are outstanding: I would like to get a few of these off the plate this year
Hawaiian orchid pillow – hand quilting
2 wall hangings from Gloria Loughman’s workshop – colour is magic and layer by layer
Kaffe Fassett – colour in design diamond quilt
BOM: Drunkard’s Path Variations
Tranquil Moments quilt – quilting left to do

So there's my list for 2011. It will be interesting to see what new things will come in to tempt me and change priorities along the way.

Happy New Year everyone.

No comments: