Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Christmas Quilts - Part 9

I finished the second Christmas quilt this past weekend but wasn't able to post pictures of the completed quilt until now because I was without a computer. I finally got a new computer and my friend Dave was helping set it all up and need my old computer to transfer all the files over. So I have spend the last week minus a computer at home. My new computer came home last night and now I have a learning curve with the new Windows 7 system. So far it's not too bad, other than trying to find out where everything is or what they call things in the new system.

So here are the pictures of the second quilt.

I thought I was really lucky when on the first quilt the doves lined up beside the pine cone vertical sections on the back of the quilt. I wasn't expecting this to happen on the second quilt with the poinsettia sections because the spacing was somewhat different, but to my amazement, the doves still managed to line up along side the poinsettias.

Here is a closeup of the back.

The quilt is packaged up and on it's way to Plymouth MA and should arrive in about a week to it's new home. I'm looking forward to hearing what Cindy and William have to say about their belated Christmas present.

3 comments:

Needled Mom said...

I still love the quilting!!!! It looks great.

Good luck with the new computer.

hetty said...

A new computer? Nice!
I love the Christmas quilt. I'm sure Cindy and William will love it too! The back looks amazing.

Sand and Sunshine said...

Your quilting is amazing! It's so pretty it has to completely make up for being belated!