I finished the stitch in the ditch around the borders and all the free motion stitching of the dragon. I must say the dragon took quite a bit of time because of the intricacy, thus you can't rush through it, but I'm very pleased with how it turned out. I don't know if you can really see if from the photo (click to enlarge) but it actually has some dimension and really looks sharp. Since I don't want to detract from the dragon I've decided to quilt corner motifs in convergence section of the quilt and a border design in the purple border. I'm still checking out several designs but I have a couple of days before I'm ready to tackle it because I won't have time to do any quilting for the next two evenings.
Below is a photo of the back. If you click to enlarge it you might be able to see an outline image of the dragon.