Friday, September 26, 2008

Leaf Quilt

My cat quilt is actually on hold for the time being since I don't need to have it finished until early December. I'm currently working on a quilt for a friend that I will be going down to visit at the end of October. We've been friends for quite a long time and she took quite seriously ill this past summer. She was having some serious heart issues that they were trying to isolate the cause. Fortunately it turned out to be a virus that caused her heart problems so she doesn't have any permanent damage but it will take her anywhere from 6 - 12 months to fully recover from this so call virus. Unfortunately at this point in time they can't determine which one it is because too much time has passed and there are not enough anti bodies in her system to make a proper diagnosis.

So I'm planning on a visit towards the end of October and I have decided to make her a lap quilt to keep her warm and cosy during the coming fall and winter months. Here is what the front looks like. I have actually started the quilting on it. The back is just a nice dark green batik.


No comments: