I finally have finished the background for the Tranquil Garden wall hanging. Here is what it looks like at the moment.
I was hoping to just use what I had in my stash for this project but I didn't have anything suitable for the outer border of which there was enough yardage. Most of what I had were FQs or slightly larger pieces and I needed more like a yard so that I had enough for the borders plus the binding. So last week I made a trip out to one of the few quilt shops that is left in Toronto Sew Sisters. I found a nice dark blue and teal Kaufman batik and it sets off the diamonds very nicely. So many quilt shops have closed in our city that now I have a major trip across the city if I want to get something. I do have to give Sew Sisters two thumbs up for having a pretty decent selection of batiks and the price was right at $10.98 a meter. You can check them out at: http://www.sew-sisters.com/
Here is a close up of my piecing of the of diamonds. I'm very pleased with how the intersections came together and all I can say is that you have to have patience and you have to pin your rows together when you are joining everything.
Now I'm back working on the designs for the Lotus flowers, buds, seed pod and leaves. I've got some done but still more to develop and audition before I make my final decisions on which ones will make the final cut for the wall hanging. Enjoy your week.