I also decided to make a couple of the birds and bees as well a the larger eggs from the appliqué work into traputo as well. here is a close up of one of the bird quilt bats attached to the back of the quilt. I will have to say all this extra batting has made this quilt more heavy than normal.
I also came across a new method of pinning quilt sandwiches this summer and I'm finally giving it a try. Here is what the Pinmoor system looks like. They are just these little foam tubes that you use with straight pins to pin the quilt sandwich together. It's suppose to be easier than safety pins and not leave as large of a hole as does a safety pin. I have noticed on several occasions that safety pins can leave rather large holes in a quilt top that you then have to try and smooth out.
Here is what they look like on the quilt sandwich. Now I don't know about them actually being easier to use than safety pins. I think because they are something new it will take a bit of getting use to.
These are the type of safety pin system that I use which makes it easier to install the pins in the the quilt. I discover years ago the little plastic covers for the safety pins that makes it easier to grab a hold of them to pin them to the quilts. I ended up using both systems on this quilt since I didn't have enough of the Pinmoors. So I will let you know what I think of the new system as I work with them on this quilt.