Monday, September 6, 2010

Whoo Hoo!!! Ricky Tims Quilt Seminar Two Thumbs Up!!!

I'm back from a fabulous time at the Ricky Tims Quilt Seminar in Hyannis MA. This has got to be one of the most memorable quilting seminars/retreats/events whatever you want to call it available.  It was a jam packed 2 1/2 days of information, demonstrations, tips, tricks, stories, laughs, and all around good times. I highly recommend this to anyone who is thinking about taking it and for everyone who hasn't to really look into it, because it truly is an amazing time to get away and have a great quilting experience. Ricky, Libby Lehman and Alex Anderson have created an awsome seminar and their skills and talents complement each other.

Here are just a few pictures from the event.  Here is Ricky at the sewing machine, yes he really does sew his own quilts.


They had an area of samples and some of Ricky's design ideas on display which gave you a sense of the process he goes through in designing a quilt.


In addition there were lots of quilts on display, done by Ricky as well as others.  What is interesting is that not only does Ricky do contemporary quilts but he also does traditional designs.


You also get to see the quilts up close and see the actual quilting. Ricky has some lovely quilting designs on his quilts. Yes he also quilts his own quilts.



So now I wish I had another week off so I can start trying out some of the new things that I learned.  But it's off to work tomorrow and I still need to finish the orange quilt for the 75th birthday.  I've got a few ideas brewing so stay tuned and once the 2nd 75th birthday quilt is finished (Cherish Nature), I'm thinking I'm going to tackle a Kaleidoscope quilt.

4 comments:

SewCalGal said...

Wow. Sounds like you had fun and this was a wonderful seminar.

I really didn't know Ricky Tims quilted his own quilts. I'm impressed.

Any chance you'll share more photos? Oh, how I hope!

SewCalGal
www.sewcalgal.blogspot.com

Sand and Sunshine said...

Sews and Quilts his own quilts, what a switch from some other famous quilters we know of hu? Glad to hear it was such a great trip. Love that process picture too!

LongIslandSue said...

I was there too and it was fabulous. You can't believe how much info he packed into 2.5 days. HIGHLY recommended to anybody and a great value for the money. Plus it's really fun and your head is swimming with new ideas.

hetty said...

Glad you enjoyed the seminar. And also that the storm didn't happen.