Monday, February 15, 2010

Cats and Dogs - Part 7

I have been working on the paper pieced cats and dogs quilt for one of the members of our small quilt group. This is where we drew a name of one of the members of our group and are making a quilt for that member. Initially everyone made a set of paper pieced cats and dogs that we traded back in September so that every quilt will have a cat and dog from each member. Then each person can add more cats and dogs, and or other items to the quilt. We need to get the quilt top finished for our meeting at the beginning of March to reveal to the person that we picked.

I did make a few more batik cats and dogs to add to my quilt top and here is the layout so far. Now you may be wondering what is going in the blank spots in the top left hand corner, the middle and the bottom right hand corner. Well I decided to take on my own personal challenge and I'm paper piecing something that is more specific for the person that I picked. The problem is I can't show you right now because it will become obvious who I'm make this quilt for by what I'm paper piecing so it will have to remain a secret until the quilt top is revealed on March 8th. Some of the gals do drop by the blog and see what I'm up to so unfortunately it will have to remain a secret until then.

4 comments:

Angela said...

These kitties and canines are just adorable :) LOVE them! Where did you get the patterns from?

hetty said...

Those cats and dogs are so cute! Lovely fabrics too!

Sand and Sunshine said...

It's pretty hush hush. :-)

LongIslandSue said...

Love these. You know that I have three dachshunds. They'd look great as the mystery blocks :)