Wednesday, December 30, 2009

A Lovely Christmas Present

I'm still busy working on the second Christmas quilt. I just have the border area left to quilt and then sew on the binding. My hope is to get it completed this weekend and then I can get the quilt shipped off early next week.

In the mean time I wanted to share with you the lovely Christmas present that I got from Elizabeth of http://sandandsunshine.blogspot.com/ . She made me this lovely advent calendar for me. Some of the details in it are just great. There is the fireplace to the left of the tree that has 4 little stockings hanging from the mantel. The little presents that were inside each of the numbered pouches are made from a Laurel Burch Christmas fabric that has kitties on it. The tree has strings of tiny glass beads for garland. I have the calendar hanging in my sewing room. This certainly is a lovely keepsake that I will get to use for years to come. Thanks Elizabeth!